Perform Predictive Maintenance (PdM) and condition monitoring of mill equipment. Provide necessary information for others to plan & schedule repairs that will minimize unscheduled downtime, catastrophic equipment failure, and energy loss. Provide technical guidance for Vibration, IR, Oil Analysis, and perform RCFA-RCM studies.
Location: Huber - Spring City, TN
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
1. Build inspection routes in CSI analyzer and computer for each area of the mill.
2. Run vibration:
a. Record base line for new equipment installations, (capital & repair). Perform PdM and provide pass / fail feedback on all equipment installations immediately after startup (based on vibration and heat).
b. Perform routine data collection.
c. Mount remote vibration transducers
3. Analyze data on all equipment to access if above alarm levels
a. Distribute summary on regular basis (bi-weekly, monthly, etc) as needed. Equipment, action, and timing for repair in each mill area.
b. Report to Maintenance Superintendent.
c. Predict risk(s) of failure.
d. Maintain PdM history for all equipment, back up data.
5. Enter equipment specs, speeds, bearing sizes etc in CSI and Centralized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Help maintain CMMS data on lubrication and other. Work with bearing supplier & equipment manufacturers to obtain necessary bearing data and failure assistance.
6. Perform Non-Destructive Examination as Required – PT, MT, UT
7. Help develop lubrication routes and maintain lube database.
8. Re-adjust equipment alarms based upon historical data and equipment criticality.
9. Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and corporate environmental and safety regulations, and permit issues (air, water, etc.). Ensure that proper documentation is completed for any safety or environmental required monitoring in your area of responsibility. Report inconsistencies as appropriate.
10. Attend all federal, state, and company mandated training, read and comply with job Hazard or Safety Analysis (JHA or JSA) information that applies to area in which you work, wear appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE) while on the job, and report/or correct any unsafe condition that you may observe. Report all injuries to your supervisor.
11. Be aware of and know how to access the JM Huber EHS Policy, the Minimum Mandatory Standards and Requirements (MMSRs) and HEW Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System (EHSMS) procedures. Comply with MMSRs and HEW EHSMS procedures and report all non-conformances to your supervisor or manager.
12. Incorporate environmental, health, and safety requirements into every day decision making.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Assist the maintenance department to balance fans and other rotating equipment using the CSI vibration analyzer.
2. Effectively use PdM tools & equipment:
a. FLIR Infra-red imaging camera
b. CSI vibration analyzer 2120 – Dual (2) channel
c. Digital Camera
d. Oil sampling & Tribology
f. Strobe light
g. Spot Light
Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA):
1. Applies cause and effect principles
2. Participates in team based RCFA
3. Assists in preserving evidence for failure analysis
4. Reviews Corrective Action Database – track corrective action follow ups
Promotes continuous improvement efforts by all employees
Requirements & Preferred Competencies
1. High School Diploma or GED required.
2. 3-5 years experience preferred.
3. Computer Skilled – comfortably operates in Word, Excel, Internet, RBMware
4. Able to learning new technologies
5. Basic math skills & statistical analysis
6. Strong written & verbal communication skills
40 hour week, days - Monday through Friday. Work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions often exposed to heat, cold, inclement weather, grease, oils, dust and dirty working conditions. Work involves standing, climbing, walking on elevated catwalks and inactive conveyors, and occasionally lifting heavy objects (50 lbs. or more).
*Monitor air and water discharges from site to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and monitor process operations for evidence of excessive use of fuel, water, and other natural resources.
* *Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and corporate environmental and safety regulations, and permit issues (air, water, etc.). Ensure that proper documentation is completed for any safety or environmental required monitoring in your area of responsibility. Report inconsistencies as appropriate.
*Attend all federal, state and company mandated training, read and comply with Job Risk Analysis (JRA) (formally known as JHA - Job Hazard Analysis or JSA - Job Safety Analysis) information that applies to areas in which you work, wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) while on the job, and report /or correct any unsafe condition that you may observe. Report all injuries to your supervisor immediately.
*Adhere to all Safety & Environmental Training.
Be aware of and know how to access the JM Huber EHS Policy, the Minimum Mandatory Standards and Requirements (MMSR’s) and HEW Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System (EHSMS) procedures. Comply with MMSRs and HEW EHSMS procedures and report all non-conformances to your supervisor or manager.
*Incorporate environmental, health and safety requirements into every day decision making.
Assist as required in the development and administration of environmental, safety and health policies and programs. Lead efforts to increase continuous safety and health environmental conscientiousness, identify potential hazards, investigate safety and/or environmental incidents and initiate necessary changes identified through “near hit” incident investigations. Thoroughly investigate any work-related injuries and record it appropriately. Plan, develop and lead safety and environmental awareness meetings. Ensure that the personnel, activities, equipment, and areas under your management are in compliance with applicable federal, state, local and corporate regulations and policies.
Refer to J.M. Huber Corporate EH&S Policy in your employee hand book (beginning on page 61) for further details regarding policy, implementation, responsibility and authority. Questions regarding EH&S compliance should be directed to your manager, team leader, environmental or safety manager.
EH&S compliance is a condition of employment. EH&S violations may result in disciplinary action up to and including discharge.
Huber Engineered Woods is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, genetic information, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To formally apply for this position you must go to one of these Tennessee Career Centers:
Dayton Athens Cleveland Seq/Bledsoe Roane
200 4th Avenue 410 N. Congress Pkwy 3535 Adkisson Drive 15643 Rankin Avenue 1082 N Gateway Ave
Dayton, TN 37321 Athens, TN 37303 Cleveland, TN 37312 Dunlap, TN 37327 Rockwood, TN 37854