Built to a Higher Standard
The International Code Council (ICC) Evaluation Service (ES) provides technical evaluations of building products for manufacturers that want to validate and qualify their products as having superior design properties. For years, Huber Engineered Woods has maintained an ICC-ES report for its engineered wood subfloor, AdvanTech flooring, to elevate it from other subfloors which only meet the PS-2 industry standard. The result? AdvanTech flooring was issued the Evaluation Service Report, ESR-1785, certifying that it has endured a battery of testing protocols that measure and ensure greater and consistent levels of panel strength, stiffness, and fastener holding power.
62% better bending strength
than PS-2 quality OSB or plywood panels of the same dimension1,2
28% better bending stiffness
than PS-2 quality OSB1,2
16% better bending stiffness
than PS-2 quality plywood1,2
10% better fastener holding power
than both PS-2 quality OSB and plywood5
What does ESR-1785 mean for you…
- Your reputation as a quality builder is safe when you install AdvanTech flooring panels - one of the highest performance flooring panels in the industry.
- Less callbacks and homeowner complaints - a strong, stiff panel remains flat and reduces the risk of squeaks and pops.
- You can deliver the solid floor that your homeowners desire.
- AdvanTech flooring delivers a strong, solid-feeling floor - no more bouncy, soft-feeling floors that you would get with inferior OSB and plywood floors.
- Fewer issues with rattling dishes in your china cabinets when you walk around.
- Minimize issues with floor squeaks, pops and cracked tiles.
- Peace of mind knowing your home was built with the flat out best subflooring panel on the market.
- High quality products attract high quality builders.
- 9 out of 10 builders who try AdvanTech flooring will stick with it1.
- 87% of builders say they would recommend AdvanTech flooring to other builders, the highest rating achieved by any brand in the industry2 over other OSB and plywood floor alternatives.
- Retailers claim that builders are 60% more likely to shop their stores if they carry AdvanTech2.
- Minimizing issues with floor squeaks and pops improves the livability of your structures, especially multifamily dwellings.
- AdvanTech panels are durable and maintain their structural integrity even after being exposed to the elements, providing peace of mind to you, your structural engineer, the builder and the homeowner.
Use our Product Locator to find out where you can buy our strong flooring products
Contact us if you have any questions about how AdvanTech compares to the strongest plywood floors
1. ICC ES Evaluation Service Report, ESR-1785.
2. 2012 edition of the AF&PA American Wood Council’s, Allowable Stress Design (ASD)/LRFD Manual for Engineered Wood Construction.
3. Based on independent market studies on brand usage.
4. Woelfel Research 2008.
5. APA Technical Topic TT-039C,Recommended Design Values for Nail Withdrawal from APA Plywood and OSB.